Chiropractic Services Offered at Graham Chiropractic Wellness Center
Appropriate chiropractic care and spinal decompression therapy, along with exercise, nutrition and hydration programs, can often relieve pain and restore function WITHOUT the need for drugs and complex surgery. Unlike other parts of the body that have abundant blood flow, spinal discs are slower to heal.
Also known as Spinal Manipulative Therapy, Manual Therapy – The purpose of spinal manipulation is to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become hypo mobile – or restricted in their movement – as a result of a tissue injury. Some techniques used in our office are: Diversified Technique, Activator Method (AMCT), Cox Flexion-Distraction Therapy, Thompson Technique. The variety of techniques used by Dr. Graham helps to provide our patients with a gentle and high specific adjustment. It is safe and effective for babies, adults, and geriatrics.
- Relieves pressure on joints, restores joint and neurological functions
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves nerve function
- Increases range of motion and general health
- Treats neck, back, shoulder, and headache pains.
- May help with scoliosis
- Dr. Graham is Certified in Sports Injuries
Aspen IV Laser Therapy
All light is composed of photos. Photons are small packets of light energy – in the form of waves – with a defined wavelength and frequency. Photon energy is able to more effectively penetrate the skin and underlying structures, therefore accelerating the healing process.
- Effective for Migraine/Tension/Sinus Headaches, TMJ – Arthritis/Bursitis including Rheumatoid, Epicondylitis “Tennis Elbow”, Rotator Cuff/Labrum/Frozen Shoulder Injuries, All Tendonitis/tendinitis, Herniated/Bulging Discs, Sciatica/Piriformis Syndrome
- Activity/Sports Injuries including Sprains, Strains, Hematomas and Tears, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Conditions of the Wrist, Fingers and Hands, Fractures including Healing Problems, ACL/MCL Injury and Surgery, Achilles Tendonitis and Ankle Conditions, Plantar Fasciitis and Foot Conditions, Ankle/Knee Sprain, Strain and Muscle/Tendon, Peripheral/Diabetic Neuropathy, Diabetic Wounds, and Fibromyalgia, Pain of all types.
- Aspen Laser also helps with scar tissue breakdown, reduction of inflammation, bone fracture healing, and increases local blood flow.
The Class IV Laser is more beneficial than the Class II because of these Characteristics:
- i. Class IV delivers up to 1,500 more energy than the Class II< in turn reducing treatment time.
- ii. Class IV can penetrate up to 10com2, compared to Class III 0.5-2.0 cm2.
- iii. Class IV covers a treatment surface of 77cm2 when Class III only covers 0.3-5.0 cm2.
- iv. It has greater power Density, and delivers a consistent amount of energy during treatments, compared to Class III which only has this consistency for 50% of the time
Spinal Rehydration Program (DRX9000)
Decompression is an advanced Modern technology of intermittent traction with a controlled amount of force to a specific spinal segment. The injured disc is located and gently separated, creating a small vacuum, which allows the disc to be “pulled back in” taking pressure off the surrounding nerve roots and rehydrating the area. This procedure is non-envasive and beneficial for conditions like:
- Herniated disk, Bulging disk, Degenerative disk
- Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Spinal Stenosis
- Low back pain, and Neck pain.
It is used to provide deep heating to soft tissues in the body. These include muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments. It’s commonly used for conditions that cause pain and muscle spasms such as sprains, and acute inflammation.
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. Functional Medicine is a medical practice or treatments that focus on the optimal functioning of the body and its organs, usually involving systems of holistic or alternative medicine. We address the 5 pillars of health, which are
- Detoxification: Starts with changing your diet for 28 days in an effort to clean up the gut and liver to allow nutrients to be broken down in order to heal the body.
- Nutrition: This is part of an ongoing effort to support your body while healing takes place. All of our nutrition is planted-based whole foods.
- Fitness: The body is designed to move. Our program begins with an evaluation to see what you can and cannot do. We then will do one-on-one training based on a gradient over 30 days to teach you the tools to continue your movement program.
- Hormones: The body is dependent on the proper control and regulation of all hormones. The one that plays the biggest role in your energy and sleep patterns is cortisol. We test and attempt to adjust the circadian cycle.
- Nervous System: The most important part of the human experience is controlled by the brain and nervous system. Our program will address the nervous system and help heal the disconnection that may have arose that is impeding your healing.
Nutritional Advice: Improving one's health and lifestyle should always be a goal that would be wise to pursue. Dr. Graham helps you accomplish any goals you may have by giving you recommendations depending on your health and circumstances, using patient-based nutrition.
Dr. Graham is Board Certified in Nutrition and Anti-Aging